Snag a seat to these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, November 15 to Sunday, November 21, 2021.
This week, it’s all about college sports for Houston’s multiple nationally-ranked athletics programs. Plus, you can get the blood flowing at run events that are beginning to surface ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.
Want to dig deeper on sports happening around H-Town? Find more games and live sports happening all month long in the 365 Houston calendar.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- College Basketball: Houston Cougars vs. Virginia Cavaliers at Fertitta Center | Tuesday, November 16 – After reaching their first Final Four in 37 years, the men’s basketball squad enter a new season ranked inside the Top 15. They’ll face a tough test from the University of Virginia from the ACC. Tickets start at $45, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- College Football: Houston Cougars vs. Memphis Tigers at TDECU Stadium | Friday, November 19 – The Coogs play their final home game of the regular season before embarking on a potential AAC championship and this winter’s bowl season. Tickets range from $20 to $125, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- The Great Houston Pie Run 5K & 10K at King’s BierHaus in the Heights | Saturday, November 20 | Virtual Option – Rise and shine (or sleep in and go virtual) for the Great Houston Pie Run, which sends runners down 5K and 10K courses—or Kids K for the little ones—and enjoy a delicious slice of pie and beer in the post-race party to go with your finisher’s medal. Registration (in-person and virtual) is $40 for the 5K or 10K; $20 for the Kids K. 7:30am.
- College Basketball: Houston Cougars vs. New Mexico Lobos at Fertitta Center | Saturday, November 20 – The Cougars women’s basketball team gets one last home game before heading to Mexico for the Cancun Challenge tournament. Tickets start at $10 for adults; $5 for children. 4pm.
- Running of the Bulls 5K at NRG Stadium | Sunday, November 21 – Benefiting USO Houston, the Texans will host the annual 5K Run/Walk at NRG Stadium, kicking off with Toro’s Kids K, followed by the 5K run and post-race party. Registration is $35 for a non-competitive 5K entrant; $40 for a competitive entrant (includes a timing chip); $30 for the Toro’s Kids K. Virtual race option is available for $20. 7:30am.