Swing for the fences and snag a seat (or watch from home) at these games and sports events taking place across Houston in November 2021.
This month sees the return of an annual Thanksgiving tradition in the Galleria area, plus a slate of exciting games to open the college basketball season—as well as closing the college football and volleyball seasons.
Elsewhere, the PGA Tour returns to Memorial Park, an annual bike ride will send you back and forth between Hermann Park and the Port of Houston, and the Rockets will host NBA superstars on the hard court.
We’ve rounded up the top highlights of this month’s sporting schedule, but you can find more on the 365 Houston calendar.
Top 15 Games & Sports Events This Month: November 2021
Week of November 1 to 7, 2021
- Cactus Jack Foundation Fall Classic at Minute Maid Park | Thursday, November 4 – H-Town’s own Travis Scott takes to the mound ahead of his star-studded Astroworld Festival on the weekend. Take your seat to see this celebrity-filled event with a home run derby followed by a softball game on the field at Minute Maid. Tickets range from $25 to $200. Gates at 11am, home run derby begins at 1pm.
- College Volleyball: Rice Owls vs. UTSA at Tudor Fieldhouse | Friday, November 5 & Saturday, November 6 – The nationally ranked women’s volleyball squad out of Rice University hosts back-to-back nights of action against UTSA before potentially getting a shot at the Conference USA Championship in Norfolk, Virginia later this month. Tickets range from $7 to $10. Friday 6pm; Saturday 2pm.
- Art Car IPA 5K at Saint Arnold Brewery | Sunday, November 7 – Each year, Saint A brings together its love for beer and running with its Art Car IPA 5K, which starts at the brewery and makes its way through East Downtown before ending at the brewery for some celebratory drinks. Registration is $55 and includes entry into the 5K and post race party, a commemorative Art Car IPA 5K pint glass, a technical race shirt, three tasty beers, chip timing, commemorative race bib, and an official Art Car IPA 5K 2021 finisher medal. Those who want to simply cheer on can register for $25 for beer and party passes. 8:30am.
Week of November 8 to 14, 2021
- College Basketball: Houston Cougars vs. Howard Bison at Fertitta Center | Tuesday, November 9 – The women’s basketball team at the University of Houston opens their season with a game against the historic Howard University. Tickets range from $10 to $25; youth tickets from $5 to $10. 3pm.
- Houston Open at Memorial Park Golf Course | Thursday, November 11 to Sunday, November 14 – The PGA Tour returns to the Memorial Park Golf Course for the first time since 1963. Follow your favorite player or group through the course, or pick a spot to see each of the players play through a round of golf. Championship round takes play Sunday with a trophy event to follow. Tickets range from $45 to $55 based on the day. Events begin at 7am each day.
- 7th Annual Park to Port Bike Ride near Hermann Park | Saturday, November 13 – Hop on your bike for a scenic ride from Hermann Park’s parkland to the Port of Houston and back. All skill levels are welcome at this casual bike ride, which ends with a post-ride party at Bill Coats Bridge. Registration is $35. 7:30am.
- Women’s Polo Championship at Houston Polo Club | Sunday, November 14 – Watch as two teams of the top women polo players compete in a world-class match to close out Houston’s polo season. Enjoy prize drawings, music, a player parade, expert announcing, a Champagne divot stomp at halftime and a special trophy presentation after the match. Tickets are $32.50, $15.50 for ages 12 and under. Grandstand seating, which can accommodate 2 to 20 guests, ranges from $79 to $695. 1:30pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Phoenix Suns at Toyota Center | Sunday, November 14 – Chris Paul, Devin Booker and the Phoenix Suns pay the Rockets a visit after wrapping up their season this past July, just two wins shy of an NBA championship. Tickets range from $15 to more than $800, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6pm.
Week of November 15 to 21, 2021
Week of November 22 to 28, 2021
- Houston Rockets vs. Chicago Bulls at Toyota Center | Wednesday, November 24 – The new look (and red-hot) Bulls led by Zach LaVine and DeMar DeRozan stop by the night before Thanksgiving for an East-West showdown. Tickets range from $25 to more than $800, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- BakerRipley Houston Turkey Trot at the Waterwall | Thursday, November 25 – The annual Thanksgiving tradition returns to an in-person event in the Galleria area this year, sending hundreds of runners from the Waterwall, through Uptown and Tanglewood, and ending just north of Westheimer Road. Registration is $30 for an untimed 5K, $35 for an untimed 10K, $15 for the Kid’s Run. 7:30am.
- Houston Rockets vs. Charlotte Hornets at Toyota Center | Saturday, November 27 – LaMelo Ball leads the Charlotte Hornets to Houston for a cross-conference clash on Thanksgiving weekend. Tickets range from $25 to more than $800, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Texans vs. New York Jets at NRG Stadium | Sunday, November 28 – Houston hosts the Jets in the first of three consecutive home games as the season heads into the final stretch. Tickets range from $30 to over $240, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seat using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Noon.